The relationships in our lives make our lives worth living.
This is because human beings are social creatures by nature. And it is painful when our relationships (whether with a spouse, child, friend, or family member) are at best “ok” and at worst “unbearable.” It doesn’t have to be like that!
You may have heard of conscious uncoupling made famous by Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, but have you heard of conscious coupling? You would greatly reduce the need for conscious uncoupling if more conscious coupling was going on! And you would be much happier!
A wise therapist and psychiatrist once taught me three tenets of a modern day, long lasting relationship:
- Accept that each person has their own separate reality (you may not always understand, agree, or even see your partner’s reality, but know that it is there)
- Equal power (will not be equal in all areas, but balances out)
- Quick repair (don’t let things build up)
In order for your relationship, marriage or partnership to survive in the modern world, a growing level of consciousness about you in the relationship is crucial.
Invest in your relationship now! Couples often come in sitting on opposite sides of the couch thinking “he or she made me come, but I really don’t think this is going to work” or feeling scared to death that “this won’t work.” It is an honor and privilege to see the honesty and messiness, as well as a joy to watch the understanding, transformation, connection, relief, and love appear.
InPsych helps you to:
- Decrease unproductive conflict within the couple
- Heal current and past hurt
- Use conflict to grow
- Feel understood, appreciated, and valued
- Be nurtured and to nurture
- Better your sexual relationship
Targeted Treatment Areas:
Do not wait until the time is right. If you are reading this, then the time is now, before problems and dissatisfaction get worse.
Invest in yourself and in your marriage or partnership now.
Parenting is the hardest and most important job you will ever do, and it has the capacity to be the most rewarding experience you’ll ever have!
If you’re a fan of Oprah, you may have heard of Dr. Shefali Tsabury’s invaluable book, The Conscious Parent, in which she explores and explains the deeper meaning of being a parent and how to transform parenting difficulties and even “nightmares” into the best thing that ever happened to you and your child.
InPsych will help you to:
- Parent your child mindfully
- Heal your own wounds in order to parent wholeheartedly
- Unleash your capacity to transform parenting mistakes (we all have them) into spiritual growth for you and your child
- Connect with your child in a meaningful way for both of you
- High conflict topics (respect, responsibility, and/or health and safety)
- Discipline with connection
- Overwhelm and internal stress as working mother, stay-at-home mom, and anything in between
- Conflict with another parent
- New parent adjustment (Click here for more information on the Moms In Bloom Support Group)
- LGBT parenting
- Parenting after infertility
Your child is a gift, and you are charged with doing and being your very best for him or her. There is no shame in your very best being to go in the bathroom to be alone for the moment! Allow InPsych to help you improve your very best, feel better about yourself, and experience the difference with your child when you use conscious parenting!